Our Last Stops: Cadillac Ranch & The Long Road Home
And just like that…
It was our last day of stops! 🎉
After nearly two weeks of driving, hiking, exploring, and seeing more places than I can count, we were officially heading toward home.
Cadillac Ranch
Our first stop was Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo, Texas.
This was definitely a fun stop, but I’d consider it more of a “stop along the way” than a final destination.
The boys had fun checking out the cars and, of course, adding their own artwork.
A Quick Tip
We stopped at Walmart and bought spray paint before going, but you don’t necessarily have to do that. There were plenty of cans of spray paint sitting around that visitors had left behind and were available to use.
So if you’re trying to save room in the car (or avoid buying a can of spray paint you’ll never use again 😂), you may be able to find some there.
The Big Texan… That One Got Away
I had The Big Texan on my “must-stop” food list for this trip.
Unfortunately, our timing just wasn’t right, so we had to skip it.
And I’m still a little disappointed about it. 😂
From everything I’ve seen, it looks like such a fun experience, so if you have the opportunity to stop, definitely check it out!
I’ll just have to save it for another Texas road trip.
Fort Worth & One Last Night Out
From Amarillo, we continued toward Fort Worth, where we got to have an amazing dinner with some wonderful friends.
After almost two weeks of being together 24/7, it was so nice to sit down, catch up, eat some good food, and enjoy time with people we don’t get to see often.
If we had a day in Fort Worth, I would have loved to do the Stockyards... next time!!
Because it was time…
We did what every road-tripping family does when they’re ready to be home.
We got back in the car and tried to get a little closer. 😂
And Then… We Were REALLY Ready
The next day, we made another stop in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, but we didn’t do any sightseeing.
By this point, I was officially outnumbered.
Everyone was ready to go home.
So we listened to the majority and kept driving.
And then…
WE MADE IT HOME! 🏡❤️
There may have been an unreasonable amount of excitement when we finally saw those “Welcome to South Carolina” signs.
After 14 days, 12 states, thousands of miles, countless stops, a whole lot of hiking, and more memories than we could possibly count…
We were home.
Tired? Absolutely.
Would we do it again?
100%.
Maybe with a few changes.
Maybe with fewer stops.
Maybe with a little more downtime.
But that’s the beauty of a road trip—you learn what worked, what didn’t, and what you want to do next time.
And this trip gave us plenty of reasons to start planning the next one. ❤️
Thanks for following along on our 14-day adventure!
Safe travels and happy memory making! ✨
Kayla

Comments
Post a Comment