Bryce Canyon & Springdale: One of Our Favorite Days
First Stop: Belly of the Dragon
A super short stop that was absolutely worth it! Belly of the Dragon is a quick walk (with just a little scrambling) through a tunnel that really does look like the inside of a dragon. If you're driving between Page and Bryce, add it to your itinerary—you won't regret it.
Sometimes You Have to Save Things for Next Time
I actually had several more stops marked for today, but for the sake of time...and everyone's happiness... we decided to keep moving. One thing I've learned on these trips is that trying to squeeze everything into one day takes away from actually enjoying where you are. So instead, we started a "next time" list. (Stay tuned—I have a whole blog post coming with places we skipped that are worth adding to your itinerary!)
Straight to the Trails
The hike was definitely a workout, but I'd still recommend doing it this direction. I know some people prefer the opposite way, but I loved walking through Wall Street first. We listened to the GuideAlong app the entire hike, and it made the experience so much better. It pointed out things we would've completely missed otherwise.
A Fun Little Stop
After our hike, we cooled off in the visitor center and had to try the Bryce Canyon Sparkling Soda. Was it life-changing? No. But it's those little, unique experiences that make a trip fun.
The Drive to Zion
The drive from Bryce to Zion completely caught us by surprise. The scenery changes so much, and every mile seemed prettier than the last. We found ourselves saying, "Wow!" over and over again.
Where We Stayed
That night we checked into Cable Mountain Lodge in Springdale, and if I could change one thing about our itinerary, I would've stayed there both nights. We actually liked it better than staying inside the park! The location was perfect, we grabbed dinner nearby, and spent the evening walking around Springdale before getting ready for Zion the next morning.
Kayla


Comments
Post a Comment